Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our new house in England




We arrived in England early this morning. Our flights went well - no hatchets this time :)

Ken has been busy while he was here by himself and has found us a van and a house. He has done his work well. He has found a delightful 100 year old house in a little village. It has been modernized, yet still has its original charm. We can't wait to move in on Monday.



This is an interesting kitchen. They call it "unfitted", meaning that other than the island in the middle, the cabinets may be moved around however you would like. It is an interesting concept, but it works well in this house.






This little staircase leads to the bedrooms on the third floor, where Madison and Stuart want their rooms to be. I won't need to go to the gym anymore if I climb that staircase several times a day.





Our back patio.





This is the view out the window of the top floor.

3 comments:

Michelle Goodale said...

Hi Julie! Your new home is beautiful! I love the view over the rooftops.

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Glad your flights all went well and you arrived safely. What a lovely home and the town is so quaint. I love the brick and the beautiful church. Straight out of an english novel. I want to know how you carry anything of size up or down those stairs. Can't wait to see more! Good luck with the unpacking.

Maureen

Becky said...

can I just say, jealous? its so beautiful!