We got off to an exciting start when we flew from Salt Lake to Florida. The kids have made this trip many times so they know the drill. I asked the kids several times to check and make sure there was nothing in their backpacks that might trip us up. They all said they were good and because we have done this so many times, I didn't bother to check.
Fast forward to the Salt Lake airport. Things are going along fine until Madison's bag goes through the scanner. The red light goes on, everything stops. Guy number 1 starts squinting at the x-ray monitor. He beckons guy #2 over and they both squint and point. At that point guys 3 and 4 come over for a look. Guy number 4 starts to laugh and tells us they need to manually search the bag.
As they are searching, guy #4 asks Madison if he has been camping. They pull out books, stuffed animals and then........... A HATCHET! Fortunately they have a sense of humor and allow us to give the hatchet to my parents to take home. I wonder what the people in the airport thought as my dad is walking along carrying it :)
Needless to say, I have searched everyone's backpack myself this time. Somehow, I don't think the security people in Tampa and Miami will think something like that is funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the laugh this morning! i can't stop! a hatchet!
Post a Comment